Let’s get inspired by them and start your own online food delivery business by creating an app like UberEats!
Wonder how? You just got lucky! Read this blog further to learn more about the simple steps of creating an app like Ubereats for an on-demand food delivery business.
What is an UberEats clone app?
UberEats is an online food delivery platform with an exciting business model that connects users with restaurants and provides a user-friendly ordering and delivering experience.
This business model is adopted by many app development companies by cloning UberEats for entrepreneurs to start their own on-demand food delivery marketplace business.
The UberEats clone app connects the users and the service provider and gets the products & services delivered to the user’s doorstep with the help of delivery partners.
Furthermore, shouldn’t you be knowing the industrial performance of the UberEats clone app to contemplate the business idea further?
How does the UberEats clone app work?
Let’s get to know the workflow of the UberEats clone app;
- The users can use the app to find nearby restaurants after giving their current location. Then, choose the food items from the menu, select add-ons for the items necessary, and place the order.
- Once the users place the order, the restaurant will receive the order in their web panel, where they have to accept/reject the order based on their availability.
- After the order is ready, the restaurant owner will click on the ready for pickup button.
- Once the ready for pickup button is clicked, the order will be allocated to the nearest delivery partner for pickup.
- The delivery partner will have to accept the order, then they’ll receive the order details and the map indicating the restaurant address.
- Once the order is picked up from the restaurant, the delivery partner’s app will show the address and contact details of the user in their app.
- After the order gets delivered, the delivery partner can rate the user.
- And simultaneously, the user can rate and tip the delivery partner for their services.
How to create an app like UberEats?
As the future owner of an on-demand food delivery marketplace, it is essential for you to know the specifications in creating an UberEats clone app.
Let’s learn, then invest!
1. Business and revenue model to consider
The aggregator business model is considered to be the apt form of operational function in the on-demand food delivery business.
This particular business model helps in connecting the users with the service providers and the delivery partners get the food delivered to the customers’ doorstep.
The commission-based revenue stream complements the functions of the aggregator business model. A commission is charged towards the customers’ bill and the earnings of the delivery partner and the service provider are distributed by the admin of the platform.