People now seek passive income opportunities and side hustles to achieve their financial freedom.
The money from the 9 to 5 jobs barely satisfies the needs. And you might try out different passive income ideas to increase the cash flow.
Renting out your new properties on the best vacation rental platforms could be one of the best ways to increase your annual revenue.
Best vacation rental apps to start your side business
We all know what Airbnb is and what it does. They are the pioneer of online vacation rental platforms.
Airbnb streamlined and amplified the growth of the vacation rental industry.
Airbnb is said to have over 150 million users on its platform, which you can fully utilize to grow your side business.
Airbnb charges a commission fee from both host (3%) and guest (under 14.2%) for every booking made on the platform.
Vrbo [Vacation rentals by owner] is a part of the Expedia group, which offers stand-alone vacation homes.
You can list your property for free on Vrbo, and creating your listing is super easy.
Vrbo’s search filters are the ones that set them apart from other vacation rental apps out there in the market now.
Vrbo has two subscription options for hosts,
- They charge 8 per cent for each booking made.
- Or an annual subscription fee of $499 upfront.
Booking.com was founded in 1996 in Amsterdam. Since then, it has grown as one of the popular vacation rental apps.
It has over 28 million listings and covers 141,975 destinations in 230 countries. Also, it is accessible in almost 40 languages.
Booking.com is super affordable, making it one of the best vacation rental apps ever.
Flipkey is a subsidiary of TripAdvisor, which operates as an independent vacation rental marketplace. It offers a variety of rental options, such as vacation homes, villas, beach houses, and condo rentals.
It has more than 300,000 listings. You can list your property for free in Flipkey and pay 3% of your guest’s payment to them.
Expedia is an online travel app owned by Expedia Group, an American online travel shopping company.
You can list properties like private homes, lodges, BnBs, etc.
Expedia charges the hosts in two models,
- Hotel Collect
- Expedia Collect
Hotel collection is when the guest pays the rent directly to the host. In this case, the commission of 15% will be charged by Expedia.
A vacation rental app can offer several benefits for travellers and property owners. Here are some of the key advantages:
- Increased convenience: With a vacation rental app, travellers can easily search for and book vacation rentals from their smartphones or tablets, making the process more convenient and accessible.
- Cost savings: Vacation rental apps often offer lower rates than traditional hotels and the ability to save money on meals by cooking in the rental kitchen.
- More space and privacy: Vacation rentals typically offer more space and privacy than hotel rooms, allowing travellers to feel more comfortable and relaxed.
- Local experiences: Many vacation rental apps offer properties in unique and off-the-beaten-path locations, allowing travellers to experience the local culture and lifestyle.
- Increased earning potential: For property owners, a vacation rental app can provide a new source of income and the ability to rent out their properties when they are not using them.
- Flexibility: With a vacation rental app, property owners can choose when and for how long to rent out their properties, giving them greater flexibility and control over their rental income.
- Reviews and ratings: Vacation rental apps often feature reviews and ratings from previous guests, helping travellers and property owners make informed decisions about their rentals.
Overall, a vacation rental app can offer a range of benefits for travellers and property owners, from increased convenience and cost savings to more space, privacy, and local experiences.
If you are looking for a vacation rental app, our blog is the best choice if it covers all the pros & cons of vacation rental apps.